The Polar Bear Plunge is one of the most popular events of the Southampton holiday season. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will not be plunging together this year, but the tradition continues! Participants can register to virtually plunge and collect donations from family and friends. On the second Saturday in December (12th), we will gather together (from a distance), for a car parade at 9AM at the Southampton Train station for a car paradethrough Southampton Village that ends at Coopers Beach. If you miss the car parade, you can meet us at Coopers Beach from 10AM-12PM to pick up a PBP hat and submit donations.We look forward to seeing you from a distance!
1. Participants can register onlineas an INDIVIDUAL or CREATE A TEAM to virtually plunge!
2. Every participant must raise or donate $25.00, which includes a collectable PBP hat and other goodies!
3. Plungers will have the opportunity to ask family and friends to sponsor them.
4. Individual / Team Leaderboards will be updated and emailed every Friday leading up to the plunge!
1. On your own time, jump in the ocean, bay, lake or kiddie pool and send us a video!
2. If you’d rather skip the dip, you can submit a video showing your support by wearing a costume or HOH merch!
3. Send videos in high resolution to firstname.lastname@example.org December 7th. The Virtual Polar Bear Plunge video will be shared on December 12th.
4. Please keep videos to 30 seconds max.
5. Share your video on Facebook and Instagram with the hashtag #PBP2020 and tag @heartofthehamptons.
CAR PARADE & COOPER’S BEACH DRIVE-THRU
1. On Saturday, December 12th, we invite our supporters to meet at the Southampton Train Station at 9AM.
2. There will be a parade through the Village and end at Cooper’s Beach.
3. If you miss the parade, meet us at Cooper’s Beach to pick up a hat and submit donations from 10AM-12PM.
4. We ask that participants remain in their car.
CAR / COSTUME CONTEST
1. Car Contest: Deck out your ride for the parade! Streamers and posters are encouraged!
2. Costume Contest: Wear a costume in your plunge support video and/or for the drive-thru!
1. Please donate to support the community and all of our brave plungers here!
2. Send a check payable to Heart of the Hamptons to P.O. Box 5031, Southampton NY 11969.
1. Create a matching program for money raised by individuals, teams, organizations, or just in general to help us meet our goal! Clickhere to set up a Matching Donation Program. Email email@example.com or call 631-283-6415 for more information.
1. If you or your business would like tosponsorthe Polar Bear Plunge and give your organization additional visibility, please contact us. Clickhere to view our Sponsorship Opportunities.
2. If you have different ideas or would like to do something smaller, larger, or unique all ideas will be considered and no sponsorship request will be turned down. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631-283-6415 for more information.
ABOUT THE PLUNGE
Polar Bear Plunge History
Since the first Polar Bear Plunge in 2004, the event has raised more than $900,000 to support HOH and its programs to help the needy on eastern Long Island. All you have to do to join the fun is sign up and collect pledges of support (donations) from your family and friends. Join us for an exhilarating leap into the holiday spirit. We guarantee it will warm your heart. C’mon. We dare you!
Where Do the Funds Go?
The money raised through the Polar Bear Plunge supports the Food Pantry and Assistance programs operated by Heart of the Hamptons. All the money goes to help people in need right here in our community. Your efforts help supply hot meals for the homebound, supplies/clothing for school children, warm coats, emergency fuel oil, medical transportation, food and much more. It’s a fun way to get into the holiday spirit by doing something good for your community. You’ll have cold feet but a warm heart!
If you or your business would like to sponsor the Polar Bear Plunge and give your organization additional visibility, please contact us. Click here for Sponsorship Packages starting at $1,000.00. Do you have a different idea or would like to do something smaller, larger, or unique? All ideas will be considered and no sponsorship request will be turned down. Please email email@example.com or call 631-283-6415 for more information.